~ Thornton Wilder
So, what are you grateful for?
In the busyness of life it’s easy to take our gratitudes for granted isn’t it? In the rush of the day we brush past acquaintances without saying hello, or forget to let someone know how a kind gesture impacted us. We walk with head down without seeing the beauty of the day, or eat a meal too quickly to really savour the flavours. We become unconscious to the little things.
But the little things are really the big things aren’t they? When you focus on the little things that you’re grateful for it primes the mind to notice more of the good stuff… and build on it. Yes, gratitude grows.
This week stay truly conscious of your treasures. Notice what moves you (and who for that matter) and appreciate it. Practice gratitude by writing down 5 new things you’re grateful for every day. See what wonders arise.
1. I’m grateful for the coming of spring and the fact that I leave on my wedding trip in 6 days.
2. I’m grateful for the work I get to do every day, connecting with people through speaking and coaching.
3. I’m grateful for Ewan and our dog Lilly. Life is so much better with them in it.
4. I’m grateful for another chance to exercise and feel stronger today.
5. I’m grateful for cheeseburgers and red wine!
Yes, life is good!
Energy Now Tip #62: Practice being in the moment by being a better listener. Use the phone. It can be quicker than email and will give you a chance to connect. Make more face time and less facebook time. (Chapter 4 – Taking Down the Time Bandits, pg. 79 Energy Now!)
1) I’m going to be away from April 4th – 25th (getting married)!. Through the wonders of modern technology you’ll still get weekly e-spiration messages from me, and daily Energy Now! tips via Twitter (follow me @MCederGOTTOIT if you’re not already on the list!).
And if you’re wondering about my speaking availability for May, June and beyond you can email my assistant Tanya at email@example.com and she’ll gather details so I can respond to you right away once I return.
2) Want 1-on-1 Coaching with Michelle? Try a free sample session, and when you sign on for coaching get a free copy of If Your Life Sucks…. Email me for details!
Energy TV deserves a shout out this week. I’ve resurrected one of my absolute favorite Energy TV segments because it’s SPRING. Have a laugh as you watch this timely reminder to get out of winter blahs and Break Up With Your Sofa!
Michelle Cederberg, Certified Speaking Professional
MKin, BA Psyc, CEP, Co-Active Coach
Helping people with full schedules and a long list of responsibilities maximize their personal energy so they can optimize their productivity and growth!
Speaker, Consultant, Coach, Author
Follow me on Twitter: @MCederGOTTOIT
Like my Facebook Page: Michelle Cederberg: Energy NOW
Watch my You Tube Energy TV channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MCederGOTTOIT
Connect with me on LinkedIn: Michelle Cederberg, CSP